ANIMAL DENTAL FACTS
* Dogs have 42 teeth
* Cats have 30 teeth
* Pigs have 44 teeth
* The armadillo has 104 teeth!
* The snail’s mouth is no larger than the head of a pin, but it can have over 25,000 teeth!
* The Elephant grinds down its molars and grows new ones. This happens six times in its lifetime!
* The elephant’s molar is about 7″ square!
* The Blue Whale is the largest mammal on earth, but it eats only tiny shrimp because it has no teeth!
* The Crocodile Bird flies into the open mouth of a crocodile and cleans it’s teeth for it!
* The teeth of the Pocket Gopher grow up to 15″ a year! By continually gnawing, they wear them down and they stay the same size. Rats, mice and your hamster among others have teeth that grows continually. If you have one as a pet, it must have wood to gnaw on to shorten its teeth, or it can die.
* The Dolphin only gets one set of teeth to last a lifetime!
Roscoe Village Animal Hospital serves the medical and dental needs of animals in Chicago’s Lakeview, Lincoln Park, North Center, Wicker Park, Uptown and Bucktown neighborhoods.