City of Chicago Dog Registration
- Current Rabies vaccination is required.
- Municipal Code 7-12-140 requires all dogs 4 months and older be registered with the City of Chicago.
- It helps us locate your lost dog.
- Dog registration is a prerequisite for acquiring permission to enter Chicago Park District dog-friendly areas.
- Your dog’s registration expires on either the registration expiration date (i.e. 1 or 3 years after purchase, depending on the length you purchase) or the expiration date of its current rabies vaccination, whichever comes first.
- You can register your pet with the City of Chicago online, by mail, or by visiting one of their locations. For more information, visit City of Chicago Office of City Clerk.
Dog Friendly Area Tags
- All dogs entering a Dog Friendly Area must have a current DFA permit/tag.
- Required vaccinations: Rabies, Leptospirosis, Bordetella, DA2PP vaccine (Current titers where applicable will also be acceptable).
- Current negative fecal test
- Current negative heartworm test
- For more information, please visit the Chicago Park District